Tips On Choosing The Right Pair Of Jeans
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A representative from the Cherry Hill Mall stopped by the morning show on April 20th to offer up some advice on picking out the right pair of jeans for your body.
• Wearing Eileen Fisher Slim Zip Cargo Pants from Nordstrom at Cherry Hill Mall
•Cargo Angle Length Jeans
• Price – $118
• She is also wearing a classic crisp white blouse from NY and Company and shoes form Charlotte Russe. (Not in photo.)
• Light weight organic cotton denim
• Like the “old cigarette pant” – it’s slim and fitted to the body
• This style gives a long lean look
• The flat front – pockets that hit below the hips –this helps draw the eyes below your hips and gives a leaner appearance. Darker denims make any body appear slimmer.
• Wearing Hudson Jeans from Nordstrom at Cherry Hill Mall
• White Leg Trouser Jean
• Price – $165
• Shoes, top and accessories from NY and Company (Not in photo.)
• The trouser –inspired jean helps shape the loose –fitting, flare leg jeans.
• The leg is a 27 inch opening- flare is 13.5 inches.
• The fuller leg is great if you have heavier legs, but you have to be mindful of the proportions when selecting the right width of the flare. If you’re slender you’ll want a smaller flare. Wider hips can be balanced by a larger flare.
• The flat front – slims the tummy- anything with tucks and pleats can add pounds to the mid-section.
• Wear this style with a fitted top and belted – this will balance the wide leg and make your waist looker smaller and always wear a heel with these jeans.
• Wearing Rock Revival Christina Boot Stretch Jean from Buckle at Cherry Hill Mall
• Price – $148
• Other accessories from Charlotte Russe (Not in photo)
• Wash denim look at the front of the leg gives you a leaner look and the light blue is great for summer. Most women can wear a boot cut these styles make most body types look longer and leaner.
• These are a lower rise stretch jean. Be mindful with a low rise jean if you want to conceal a muffin top. The lower the rise the more accentuated your bottom and hips will be. These jeans are great if you’re smaller–- on the bottom and broader on top – the fit is slim through the hip and thigh.
• Pocket detailing is important to be aware of. Pockets placed further apart will give you a more full appearance, as will any type of embellishment on the pocket. These jeans are great if you want a fuller-looking backside because of the detailing on the pockets and placement.
• And on the flipside if you want to de-emphasis this area of your body then go with no pockets or smaller pockets not too far apart– flat pockets – no flap, or embellishments.
• Wearing Sliver Jeans from Torrid at Cherry Hill Mall
• Boot – Denim Crop
• Price – $82
• Also, wearing Flirty Floral top and cardigan from Torrid.
• Distressed jean look
• Casual dark cropped jean is perfect for day or night.
• Cut straight through the hip and waist and contorts to the body.
• Light distressed and faded on the thighs – again to give you a longer line because your eye goes vertical.
• Cuffed just below the knee.
• No matter what hem be sure the cuff goes to mid-calf.
• Wear a heel to add length.
Other Tips when Shopping for Jeans
• A stretch denim fabric is best
• Mid-Rise is usually the best fit for most bodies.
• Know your measurements and body proportions
• Buy for the fit and not the size.
• Try to fit the largest part of your body.
Don’t be afraid to take your jeans to seamstress and get them tailored to fit your body.