eye-3-yellow-3d-2-new-logo philly_kyw_new philly_94wip_new 35h_cbssportsrad_philly philly_wpht_new
NOW LIVE: Talk Philly

Local

5 Workers Overcome By Carbon Monoxide At New Jersey Farm

(Credit: Getty Images)

(Credit: Getty Images)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HAMMONTON, N.J. (AP) - Five workers at a southern New Jersey farm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

Hammonton police say the five—whose names were not released— were found outside a greenhouse on the farm around 8:20 a.m. They were taken to Virtua Berlin Hospital for treatment and were expected to fully recover.

The leak apparently was caused by a faulty heater or pipe in the greenhouse on the Pine Road property, but officials say the investigation is ongoing.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 31,976 other followers