Local

5 Workers Overcome By Carbon Monoxide At New Jersey Farm

(Credit: Getty Images)

(Credit: Getty Images)

HAMMONTON, N.J. (AP) - Five workers at a southern New Jersey farm were hospitalized Sunday after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

Hammonton police say the five—whose names were not released— were found outside a greenhouse on the farm around 8:20 a.m. They were taken to Virtua Berlin Hospital for treatment and were expected to fully recover.

The leak apparently was caused by a faulty heater or pipe in the greenhouse on the Pine Road property, but officials say the investigation is ongoing.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 35,096 other followers