eye-3-yellow-3d-2-new-logo philly_kyw_new philly_94wip_new 35h_cbssportsrad_philly philly_wpht_new
NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News

Local

Philadelphia Man Dies From Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Ambulance

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Officials say a Philadelphia man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning after being found unconscious in his home.

Fire officials say the unidentified man was found Tuesday morning by a woman who also lived at the North Philadelphia home. The woman was transported to a hospital for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says the investigation is ongoing but officials suspect a broken and blocked flue pipe is responsible.

Ayers says the concentration of the odorless, colorless gas was more than eight times what is considered dangerous and would have been detectable by a carbon monoxide alarm. No such device was found in the home.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Top Content On CBSPhilly

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 32,076 other followers