Police: Philly Teen Charged With Fatally Beating Mom

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say a 16-year-old Philadelphia boy killed his mother with a hammer then tried to hide her body in a trash-strewn alley.

Authorities arrested 16-year-old Kendall Anderson on Monday after discovering the body of 37-year-old Rashida Anderson in the alley behind their South Philadelphia home.

Investigators say the teen also used part of a chair to fatally beat his mother before dragging her body into an alley and covering it with debris.

Investigators say the teen had called police on Saturday to report his mother missing. He faces charges including murder and abuse of a corpse.

(© Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Marney27 says:

Her name was Rashida and was was a great friend of mine. I met her back in nov of 2002 when I got a job at Shoprite and she introduced herself 2 me. He hit it off right there and I became her main bagger while she was a cashier. I used to walk her 2 pick up her son from tha baby-sitter a couple of times a week an d we became really cool. We lost touch after a couple of years and 2 yrs ago I found out that she was a Jehovah’s witness and went to tha same Congregation as my child’s mother and we resumed our friendship. I tha last time I saw her was in Oct a week or 2 b4 my daughter was born at Congregation with her son. He was a customer of mines and he did this henious crime?!! Taking her life away from her for a damn console… all he had to do was be good in school and stay focused and keep up tha good work!! Rashida was righ to have taken his PS away becuz kids need structure and discipline ( it worked wonders for me) and it adds balance to life. She takes away a material possession and he respond to that with violence and murder and has tha gall to say he misses her?! U get plenty of games… but only 1 mother in life and to answer a constant question on this blog: his dad was a DEADBEAT! Never seen him not around and he never helped raised him at all… she kept 2 herself did that best she could. I miss her so much at Congregaton but Kendall’s gonna live with dis sin 4ever till his dying day…

2. Marney27 says:

3. sean says:

problem is kids having kids, she was 20-21 when she gave birth & parents not teaching values & respect for others, im sure the father was never in the picture. Its a shame what our community has become!!!

1. j says:

Sean you sound like an idiot and against my better judgement I am going to respond to you. Despite the fact she had her son at young age, she worked hard and along with the help of her family taught him values and respect. How do I know, because she was my family. So in the future, it would better serve you to hide your ignorance and gatther all the facts before passing judgements.

4. C.A. Smith says:

We allowed God to be taken from our children, by removing him from the schools. That was just the beginning of our children being lost & having nothing to believe in. We bumbard them with negative T.v.; lose a great percentage of our fathers because morals took a back seat to family; don’t take our children to church. BUT, we want them to be strong enough to handle the problems in this world today. Where do they learn about Agape love and respect for themselves, parents and other aldults We allow them to be exposed to drugs, liquor & immortality. Our society thows them under the bus 7 days a week, and then expect them to get up and walk straight! IT AIN’T HAPPENING.May God have mercy on this teen and bless his mother’s soul
    This boy obviously had problems that were over looked.

5. Bea says:

Omg what has this world come to how you even think of killing your mother let alone do it. We need jesus our children are lost and out of control.

6. Chary Valentin says:

i went to highschool with a murderer????

7. help one another says:

Thats seems to be the million dollar question these days..where is the father?!

8. bgm says:

A 16 year old doesn’t simply wake up one day and kill his mother — there must have been some indication this child was filled with so much rage. Where is his father?

Comments are closed.