Filed underContest Rules & Regulations
Xfinity Triple Play Tuesdays
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Xfinity Triple Play Tuesdays contest (“Contest” or “Promotion”) will begin at 6:00 AM ET on Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 and end on Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 at 7:00 PM (the “Contest Period”).
- To participate in the Contest, you may enter via the following method: Log on to www.610wip.com during the Contest Period and click the Xfinity Triple Play Tuesday’s banner. This will lead you to the Xfinity Triple Play Tuesday’s page where you will be required to fill out a registration form with your first name and last name, complete mailing address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address and whether you would like to receive more information from Xfinity. Only one internet entry per person and one internet entry per email address is permitted. Once you have entered the Contest, you will be eligible for all remaining random drawings for the duration of the Contest Period. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. All entries submitted become the sole property of WIP (the “Station”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for the sweepstakes. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- After completing the registration form, contestants should listen to the Station between 6:00 AM EST and 7:00 PM EST every Tuesday during the Contest Period. Each Tuesday, one (1) potential winner’s name will be announced during the following shows– the Morning Show between 6:00 AM EST and 10:00 AM EST, the Mid Day Show between 10:00 AM EST and 3:00 PM EST and the Howard Eskin & Ike Reese Show between 3:00 PM EST and 7:00 PM EST. The potential winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received up to that point. Once a potential winner has been selected, the on-air host will read the potential winner’s name. The potential winner will then have exactly one (1) hour from the first time his or her name is announced on-air, not on the Station’s stream, to call the Station at 610-949-9610 to claim his/her prize. The Station, in its sole and absolute discretion, will determine whether a potential winner called back within the allotted time. If the contestant whose name is selected calls back within the allotted time, he or she will be one of the weekly winners, upon confirmation of eligibility (“Weekly Winner”) and the contest episode will end for the particular show for that week. If the potential winner does not call back in the allotted time, they will be placed back into the pool of entries and will be eligible for the remaining random drawings. If the potential winner does not call back in the allotted time, another potential winner will be randomly selected from the eligible pool of entries and this will continue until a winner has been selected for that show’s weekly contest episode. If a weekly winner has not been selected by the end of a Show, then no winner will be selected for that Show for that week.
- The Station is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. For those listening to the Station stream on the Internet: Please be advised that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal, which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and your dial-up connection. For that reason, we strongly recommend that you turn on your radio to the Station to participate in this or any other call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” The Station assumes no responsibility for potential winners not making timely phone calls to the Station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream.
- Opting not to receive information from Xfinity will not affect your odds of winning.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Employees of the Station, its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Philadelphia metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest.
- A person is eligible to win a station contest one calendar year from the day the previous contest is won.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
a. A maximum of one hundred and fifty six (156) prizes: Each Weekly Winner will win a Samsung 19” LCD TV (HD). Model #: LN19A330, Estimated Retail Value: $298.00
Prize supplier, Tri-Star Fufillment, reserves the right to substitute a TV of similar value based on availability.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within forty-five (45) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply. Any winners of certificates/vouchers will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the provider of the certificate or voucher.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Three (3) Weekly Winners will be selected each Xfinity Triple Play Tuesday during the Contest Period as described in Section 1 of these rules. A maximum of one hundred fifty-six winners will be selected in this Contest.
- Odds of being selected as a potential winner depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner must be listening and call back within one (1) hour after their name is announced on-air in order to win.
- Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within forty five (45) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by selecting another name from among all eligible entries received in this Contest. This will continue until there is a winner that is able to pick up the prize in the 45 day period after being notified.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by 12/1/2009 to Xfinity Triple Play Tuesday- Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, Sportsradio 610 WIP. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 7, 2011 to the above address marked Xfinity Triple Play Tuesday- Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.610wip.com.
Sponsor: Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC , 200 Cresson Blvd
Oaks, PA 19456