Community Activist Viciously Attacked In Kingsessing

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police are investigating whether a beloved community activist was targeted by her attacker because she helps officers.

Marsha Moore has dedicated her life to helping people in Kingsessing. But now her husband, a police chaplain for the 12th District, needs help in finding the person who viciously attacked his wife inside their home.

An intruder broke into the couple’s home and beat her with a metal pipe while she was sleeping. Her face now has to be reconstructed.

“I never thought in a million years that it would ever happen to my mom,” Moore’s daughter Miracle said.

Moore did not see her attacker and the suspect stole some jewelry before fleeing.

Police say there have been several burglaries in Moore’s neighborhood, but they are also investigating whether she was targeted because she is a community activist who helps police.

“I think she was targeted,” Moore’s husband Robert Moore said. “She was targeted because what she stands for.”

Police have stepped up patrols in the neighborhood and have placed a police cruiser outside the Moore’s home.

If you have any information, you are urged to contact police.

Comments

1. Sightseer says:

Well, Dave! You are the only other person (other than me) who I have heard say this. And kore saddening is that this morning at 5:45, the newscasters were telling the story and showing pictures of Mrs. Moore. In the next breath, there was a warning that sensitive viewers might be disturbed by the following story about the cat. I like animals too, but why is it that you can show images of Mrs. Moore bandaged and with tubes AND THAT IS NOT DISTURBING? She needs her face reconstructed and that IS NOT DISTURBING? CBS, I might change stations over this. Get your priorities straight. People first, animals next!

2. The Bobster says:

I’m betting she knows her attacker.

3. disgustedCitizen says:

Everything done in the dark will come to light. Her attacker will be caught.

To the Moore family keep your attitude positive and become prayer warriors for you wife & mother. Gods Blessing to your family!

@dave – so agree!

4. Patti Brown says:

I wish you well Mrs. Moore. I pray for healing for you and your family and comfort as well. Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers daily. Get well soon.

5. Thelma says:

I pray for her healing and comfort for her and her family.

6. Michael says:

I pray that Mrs. Moore recovers from this tragic event that has happened. GOD is still and will always be in the healing business and his will must prevail. I pray that a healing angel hover over Mrs. Moore and restore her faculties and senses to where they once were. As for the heartless mankind that would do this remember that the world revolves in a circle, what goes around…..

7. Vom Brunhaus says:

Hopefully if and when this criminal is caught he gets a large amount of time for this horrible crime. Well wishes to Mrs. Moore and her family

8. dave says:

An animal gets attacked (the cat in Juniata) and there are dozens of comments by people outraged and wanting to put the perpetrators to death or lock them up for life but a human being gets viciously attacked in her own home and there is only one comment…NICE! You “animal lovers” are pathetic with your bass ackwards morals/values.

My best wishes for a quick and full recovery to this unfortunate lady.

9. the grumpster says:

No one deserves this! I hope that they find this perp…..in a plastic bag.
    I wish this woman well and hope that she will recover.

Comments are closed.