Volunteers Needed For Child Placement Board In NJ

BURLINGTON COUNTY, NJ (CBS) – The New Jersey Superior Court’s Burlington County Child Placement review board needs you… to volunteer.

Burlington County residents are needed to staff the board that keeps tabs on the cases of children in foster or residential care.  Volunteer coordinator Frank Carr:

“We’re looking for common citizens. They don’t have to be people with doctorates in social work. The goal of the board is basically to determine some kind of permanency placement for that child.”

Serving on the board can be tough work, but there are rewards:

“People who serve on the child placement review board wind up really putting their hearts into it, they really do.”

To apply for the child placement review board, call Frank Carr at 609-518-2511.

Reported by Molly Daly, KYW Newsradio

More from Molly Daly

One Comment

  1. SafetyHit says:

    Maybe, but most likely it’s an opportunity to help a child who needs it.

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Philly

Getaway Guide: Best Of The Jersey Cape Clams

Watch & Listen LIVE