Man Shot During Attempted Robbery In Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police are searching for two gunman who attempted to rob a man in his car in the Oxford Circle section of the city Thursday morning.

It happened just south of Bustleton Avenue and Roosevelt Boulevard.

The man was sitting in his parked car when he was shot in the neck and arm. The victim ran to the Hess station, then across the street to the Wawa, where Sue Petrikis is store manager. She says the man burst through the doors, threw off his shirt and collapsed by the register:

“He was calling for us to call police, so we locked the doors, and called 911 for police and ambulance to show up.  They were here in no time,” said Sue.

The man was rushed to Frankford-Torresdale Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.

Reported by Kim Glovas, KYW Newsradio 1060.

More from Kim Glovas

1. Joe Black says:

Every one on section 8,should be givin a drug test once a month.Make them clean up the streets,parks,make these people work for there check.Please stop having all these kids,if you can’t take of yourself you can’t take care of children.Do the math.

2. BC says:

Kensington, Juniata, Frankford, Oxford Circle, even Mayfair have gone down the toilet. It is mostly due to section 8 subsidies that give a person a home in a secure, stable neighborhood. Most are single parents on welfare and, unfortunately, have no ties or commitment to this neighborhood and bring crime and instability with them. It has happened in all of the above communities and continues. Murders, robberies, assaults, were virtually unheard of years ago.
    Drugs play a large part in the overall dterioration of Philadelphia.

3. carla says:

This is such a shame. I remember when Oxford Circle was a nice place to live. The crazy part is that I moved 8 years ago after I go married. After getting my car broken into and hearing crackheads at night…it was time to go! Trust me when I say that the far Northeast is no better. Your right…as soon as they let the section 8 storm into this community. nice peaceful leaving came to an end…so sad.

4. Pandi says:

I agree, I used to live in Northeast but when I got pregnant with my first child we decided to move to a suburb to raise our kids.

5. mary ann says:

I agree totallly,,,Section 8 has ruined the nice neighborhoods!!!

6. cee cee says:

i will never live in philly yal fools don’t know how to act right

7. RL says:

Bustleton and Roosevelt Blvd are not even Oxford Circle. Oxford Circle is considered Castor and the Blvd. around St. Martins Church. The NE is turning into a hell hole. It used to be a nice area but has changed big time.

8. joeymas says:

Yeah, that is not NE Philly… lol Not even close.

9. britt willis says:

Hey Justin…I”ve got news for you……Oxford Circle has always been northern North Philly….it’s jut the inhabitants were in denial by giving it a different name…Puhleeze

1. jazznast says:

britt willis and where do u live?? that is so great

10. BP says:

Need to go back to old west times. All carry guns.

1. jazznast says:

BP wonderful solution duh

11. Justin Cohen says:

Oxford Circle used to be a nice place to live and work, but that was over 20 years ago – before Section 8. We failed to keep all the lower forms of life below and Juniata Park.

Now Oxford Circle is simply northern North Philly.

Comments are closed.