Cole Hamels got the win despite struggling through 5 innings, but it was the bullpen saving the day for the Phillies as they beat the Braves 5-3, to take two of three in the weekend series. Brad Lidge threw a perfect ninth inning for his first save of the year, as three releivers combined for four scoreless innings to preserve Hamels’ third win of the season. Chad Durbin struck out four over two perfect innings, and Jose Contreras turned in a scoreless eighth. Placido Polanco, Jayson Werth, and Shane Victorino all launched solo homers, as the Phils raced out to a 4-0 lead and held on. The Phillies finished the home stand with a 7-3 record and now head to Colorado where they begin a stretch of six straight road games tomorrow night.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...